Ration Card refers to a document which is given by the Department of Food, Customer and Supplies. The main goal of a ration card is to provide food and essential supplies to the citizens of the country at subsidized prices. It also plays the role of an important document as a proof of identity in Delhi and all over the country as well. Therefore, it is very important to have a ration card to enjoy the benefits given by the Department Of Food, Customer and Supplies. In this article, you will get information about the eligibility criteria, documents required, application procedure of how to apply for a ration card along with the process of changing details of your existing ration card such as name or address.
Before applying for a ration card, you must know the eligibility criteria, documents required and procedure of applying to avoid any inconvenience.
- Types Of Ration Card
- List of Official Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer Affairs (PDS Portal)
- List Of Delhi Ration Card 2020
- Eligibility Criteria to Apply for a Ration Card
- List of Documents Required to Apply for a Ration Card
- How to Apply
- Check Ration Card Application status
- Download and Print your Ration Card online
Types Of Ration Card
There are two types of Ration Card:
- White Ration Card: You can apply for a white ration card if you are above the poverty line. The white colour indicates that you are a citizen of India who is above the poverty line.
- Blue/Red/Green/Yellow Ration Card: These types of ration cards are given to those who are below the poverty line. This ration card helps them in purchasing food items at subsidised rates.
List of Official Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer Affairs (PDS Portal)
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||http://dcsca.andaman.go|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||http://epds.nic.in|
|Jammu and Kashmir||http://jkfcsca.gov.in|
List Of Delhi Ration Card 2020
To check the list of ration cards, applicants do not have to visit the office of the government. They can visit the website and follow the procedure mentioned below to check the list of ration cards.
- You have to select the “e-Services” option from the menu bar.
- You have to click on “e-Ration card” link.
- Now, select the “Village list” tab.
- After that, check and select the respective district, Taluk, Gram Panchayat, Village and click on the “Go” button.
- The list of all the ration cards in the selected village will appear on your screen.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for a Ration Card
There are certain eligibility criteria you will have to fulfil if you wish to apply for a ration card:
- There is no person who has applied for a ration card on your behalf.
- No member of your family has applied for a ration card.
- You should be a citizen of India.
List of Documents Required to Apply for a Ration Card
- State Application form.
- Identify proof (Election Id, Driving License, Passport, Government Id Card, Aadhar Card).
- Residence proof (Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, LPG Receipt, Bank Passbook, Rental Agreement).
- Photograph of the head of the family.
- Annual income of the applicant.
- Cancelled/surrendered ration card if any.
How to Apply for a Ration card
There are various ways through which you can apply for a ration card:
- You can visit the official website of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department of the state in which you reside. You can apply by providing the required documents and filling the application form. You can then submit the form post which a representative from the department will get in touch with you and assist you with the process. If all the documents submitted by you is correct, then the ration card will be sent to your communication address.
- There are various third-party websites who assist you by helping you fill the application form and uploading the necessary documents. You can visit the website and once you submit the form and upload the required documents you can then expect to receive the ration card
- There is a particular format according to which you can send an SMS to the Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department of the state in which you reside. You will then receive a message instructing you to follow the procedure to apply for a ration card. You can find the details of the process on the official website of your state government.
- You can also find the toll-free number or the customer care number on the state government website which you can use to know the process you will have to follow in order to apply for a ration card.
- You can also visit the Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department of the state in which you reside along with all the necessary documents and apply for a ration card by submitting the application form and all the necessary documents.
Check Ration Card Application status
- You can check the status of your ration card by visiting the official website of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department of the state.
- Generally, under E-services on the website, you will find the option of checking the status of your ration card application status.
- Either you will get a list which will contain the names of the people who have recently applied for a ration card and the status, or you will have to enter your credentials and log in. Once you have logged in, you will be able to check the application status of your ration card.
Download and Print your Ration Card online
After some time, once your ration card application has been approved, you can download the ration card and print it for future use. You can use your credentials to log in to the portal on the government website and check the status of your ration card application. Once it has been approved, you will find the option of downloading or printing the ration card. The printed version of the ration card will contain all the necessary details and you can use it to purchase food items for yourself at subsidised rates.
Hope this article helps you to apply for a ration card easily. Share this article with the ones who need it.
Take care ❤